Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Job

So, I don't officially start my new job until Monday, September 10th. However, I have already been to Calallen twice for meetings and other duties. It's hard to stay away though when you just walk across the street to your office. I dare anyone to have a better commute! There will be a lot to do there, but I look at it as an opportunity to shape a network and a department the way I want to. Right now, as far as the higher ups are concerned, the slate is clean and mine for the writing! The district will host a bond election on November 9th, and if it passes we'll have approximately 3.5 million dollars to create a totally new infrastructure, video conference rooms, and anything else we can imagine.

On the other side, Julie is in the beginning stages of opening a dance studio. A friend, and fellow church member, already owns one in Alice. She has had such success that Julie has convinced her to open one in Calallen. They have been eagerly looking at storefront property, conspiring on business and dance plans, and dreaming of all the possibilities. She's excited, and I'm really excited for her as well. Now we just have to find a place for some of the rugrats in the "tween" times when her classes start and I'm at work. I guess that's the privilege of being an older sibling...babysitting time!

2 comments:

hoLLy said...

Yea for Julie! She will love that. Wish her luck from us!

hoLLy said...

oh, and i forgot about you:) hope your job is going good so far bryan!!!