Thursday, February 07, 2008

More of Austin

Bryan - While in Austin, Holli Horton who works with me, REALLY wanted to go to Whole Foods, a grocery store. However, this store is a bit different from HEB. As you can imagine from the name, the foods are, well, "whole foods" or healthy foods. Well, maybe Hippie foods is a better description because they DID have Blue Bell and Ben and Jerrie's ice cream. I've been drinking water all week and wanted some flavor so we looked around the beverage aisles. I never knew there were soooo many different types of wine and beer. We finally found the waters and across from that were flavored health drinks. I got one that has a pound of fruit in a bottle less than the size of a 20 oz drink. It has 23 strawberries, 2 apples, 1 banana and a "hint of orange". The name of it is Naked. It is supposed to be "All Natural Well Being 100% Juice smoothie". I'm sure it is really good. I found many other drinks but bought two. One is supposed to clean out all the pollution from your lungs and sinuses (had a "different" after taste) and the other one is called "Brainiac" and is supposed to help you think clearly. Maybe I need a case of both.

The most interesting thing about the place though, besides all the deli food (it smelled and looked wonderful, did I mention the HUGE sesciton of chocolate) was that there wasn't one person (besides us) who was anywhere near overweight. OK, the dancing workers in the aisles were quite odd, but this is Austin.

1 comment:

hoLLy said...

Austin is one of the healthiest cities in the nation. So many people there are Whole Foods shoppers(I wasn't one of those-I just buy what is the cheapest:) and so many people are avid runners/joggers/power walkers. We loved how there were millions of gorgeous hiking trails even right in downtown Austin!